Saturday, September 7, 2013

Rushed Saturday, Kitchen Testing Campbell's Slow Cooker Sauce

This is a very rushed Saturday for me.  In addition to the normal cooking, cleaning and errands, I went with my youngest to a cross-country race (he came in 12th! for Varsity).  This meant that I got up early and stood for hours in the hot sun while I watched young people run until they got sick.  After that, we both wanted a nap.  But what about dinner?  Dear Husband is going to want something tasty and I don't want to deal with anything. 
The Test Subject
 Quickly pulling down the big crockpot, searching the pantry, came up with this that was an impulse purchase.



3 lbs chicken thighs

chicken, sauce and chopped carrots

Grabbed the package of boneless, skinless chicken thighs (love those thighs).  Tossed them into the crock.


Decided to boost the Middle Eastern flavor up a notch.  Took out my home-preserved lemons and 3 carrots.  Rinsed and chopped half a lemon and 3 carrots.




Tossed the lemons and carrots into the crock onto the chicken and then opened the sauce pouch.  Poured the Moroccan Spiced Stew with Green Olives and Lemon over the carrots and my own lemons.  Set the crock pot on high for 3-4 hours.  Now it is nap time for Mommy.

Make sure to comment on what we should have with it.  Rice, couscous or bread?

No comments:

Post a Comment