Thursday, March 1, 2012

Lucky Thirteen by Melanie Jackson

Lucky Thirteen review

One of the things I like about good writers is that they can entertain and teach me something new without me noticing. Not only is Melanie Jackson a wonderful writer, but she also researches her subjects before she writes. In Lucky Thirteen Chloe and Alex travel to Florida for business and attend a horse race. Chloe, being Chloe, almost gets killed rescuing a dog and earns the friendship of one of the racehorse owners. Following this, she and Alex are invited to visit the horse breeding facilities and fall into the intrigue of professional horse racing. Chloe is once again pulled into solving a crime and preventing the financial ruin of her new friend.

Melanie Jackson has always been one of my favorite writers as she always knows her subject and presents it in a clear, tight story. I have become very fond of her Chloe Boston cozies and find that they fit my new reading lifestyle. They are short, interesting and I am never able to figure out the ending before Chloe. This is definitely a YAY in my book.

Available from Barnes & Noble and Amazon.com as well as http://www.melaniejackson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment