Saturday, March 24, 2012

My 1934 compact

I went antiquing on my way to the grocery and found this wonderful YAY! item. It is a 1934 makeup compact. It has the patent number engraved in it so I could identify the year.




This is the lovely top. I am not sure what the material is but it is a lovely coral red and appears to be carved (but I could be wrong).  I am still learning my camera so the picture is not as sharp as I would like
Below is the inside when you first open it. The left has a nice and unmarked mirrored metal surface and the right is where the powder goes. And what is extra special is behind the mirrored metal!




Yes! That is a rouge compartment and it still has the little puff and a bit of 1930's rouge. I have also opened the puff section where the powder goes and you can see the little screen for the powder. It is in wonderful shape but needs a bit of cleaning on the outside. Unfortunately, the pan for the powder is gone so it cannot be refilled.



Isn't it a lovely find, though? And only cost me $3.00 US.

No comments:

Post a Comment