Sunday, August 11, 2013

You wanted to know about the cleaning strength vinegar!

This is the vinegar that I have been using.  It is Heinz Cleaning Strength.  The last jug I purchased had the actual strength on the label.  I couldn't find it on this one.  I believe it is 6% instead of what normally is 5% used for cooking and food.  It can be purchased in most stores, though they may not carry it all the time.  I would suggest purchasing a couple of jugs when you find them, more if you have storage room.  It is stronger than regular vinegar and it is fantastic for cleaning. 


 
I have a tip for the really hard lime deposits you have around your faucets and handles.  If it is a level surface (such as around sink handles), soak rags or dish clothes in this vinegar (use old ones, not the pretty embroidered ones that your favorite aunt gave you that she bought at the craft fair) and place them around the handles.  Really pack them against the surface and cracks.  The longer you can leave them, the better.  If they dry out, pour on a little more vinegar.  Overnight should work for a light layer of lime.  I left soaked paper towels around the sink handles at work over a weekend and the chunks gave away by Monday morning.  For those clogged shower faucets, fill a baggie with the vinegar and tie it up around the stem.  As I said before, the longer you can leave it, the longer the magic works.  This is a picture of what I got loose after a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment